fairknowledge / April 16, 2019
Reasons Why Your Driveway or Footpath May Be Subsiding
Have you noticed the sunken ground as you drive in into your driveway? Is your footpath slowly giving away and developing horrendous cracks? The problem might be one that we may fix. Water leaks. Underground water leaks are hard to notice and even harder to discover.
The underground piping includes the external water supply from the mains, irrigation systems for your lawns and drains and sewers that carry your wastewater away. If any of these pipes gets punctured, it results in a water leak that may destroy your driveway or footpath.
How Does It Make The Driveway or Footpath Subside?
With a depth of up to 3 feet underground, a leakage in the pipes may be hard to find. The leak continuously oozes water to the ground making it wet. Over a long period of time, the water begins to erode away the rocks and stone foundations for your driveway and footpaths which may cause it to sink in.
Additionally, the wasted water makes the ground beneath the driveway lose. Being wet and loose makes it a high candidate for it to cave in. If you find that your driveway is subsiding, it may be an indication of a water leak within your external piping system.
What To Do In Case You Have A Subsiding Driveway or Footpath.
If your driveway or footpath is periodically sinking in, it’s time to call in the leak detectors. Professional leak detectors use ultra-modern state of the art equipment to search for leaks within your pipes. The equipment is so precise to zoom in to the 50mm away mark from the leak.
There are different methods that may be used to check into your external leakage problems. The best advantage of these methods is that they are completely non-intrusive. This means that you wouldn’t have to dig up your entire plumbing line just to find a small leaking hole. Some of these methods include;
- Thermal image leak detection test– In this method, digital thermal cameras are used to detect the variances in heat patterns on your driveway or footpaths. The variance is a major indicator of a hidden leak within the pipes.
- Acoustic leak detection test– Acoustic signals are fixed on the end of the flowing water to create a baseline acoustic “fingerprint”. When the signal is traced along with the piping, it produces a low-frequency signal when it encounters a leak. This helps in the easy identification of the hidden water leaks.
- Nitrogen hydrogen leak detection– A non-explosive gas is filled within your pipes after draining them. The invisible leaks are then identified through gas tracing and gas sniffer systems. This saves on time and keeps finances running on a minimum.
The best in the UK for leak detection services are ADI Leak Detectors.
ADI is a professional leak detection company that is committed to providing a quick and reliable solution to water leaks. Our team is made up of certified engineers and plumbers who have the requisite skills and expertise to handle and leak problems. For all your questions regarding water leaks, reach out to us on 0333 200 5443.
Here at ADI, we understand the great dangers posed by water leaks. From health hazards to damage to your property including the sinking driveway and footpath. We provide an on-time response to all our clients in order to mitigate the looming disaster in time.
Why Choose Us?
- Upfront pricing in all quotations
- Well-trained and Gas Safe certified technicians
- All our staff are insured and indemnified
- Non-invasive methods used to maintain the integrity of the property
- Ultra-modern equipment for a quick, reliable and excellent service
Is your driveway caving in? Call in ADI leak detectors today on 0800 731 3843 on our toll-free number. We will be at your place in no time.